- The stoves of tomorrow are here now.
- Ecodesign Ready stoves can reduce PM emissions by 90% compared to an open fire.
- More efficient use of heat in living area.
- Modern wood burning stoves are virtually carbon neutral.
- Ecodesign Ready stoves are banded A+ at 80% efficient.
- Logs come from thinning woodland, not cutting it down
- Stoves are not just a fashion fad, they are a serious form of home heating.
- Ecodesign stoves are part of the solution to PM emissions.
Speaking at the launch on behalf of Dr. Thérèse Coffey, Simon Hoare, MP, said "the Ecodesign Ready brand will help the consumer easily choose those appliances that meet the most important standards required by the Ecodesign Directive.""
He went on to say that ‘The Ecodesign Ready brand is a great example of industry taking the lead to promote the benefits of more efficient and cleaner technologies and bringing them to the market. Ecodesign Ready stoves will help to cut air pollution.
Therefore DEFRA and the Minister welcome this proactive approach."
In his speech Neil Parish, MP, said
"What you, (SIA), are doing fits in with the world we have; we have problems in our inner cities with very high levels of NOx and particulates. Anything we can do to reduce that from open fires and others, through your stoves has got to be an absolute benefit."
"We also want to manage our wood land better. There is a lot fuel out there, a lot that can be used in the way of thinning and managing that woodland so much better."
"With a new wood burner not only are the emissions reduced you will get a great deal more heat from that wood; and of course, if you are burning less wood to get that heat you have got less emissions."